Happy October 11th aka National Day of the Girl (SLAY), Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day (I’m so sad I just found this out), and National Coming Out Day. I’ve read a bunch of quality books in the past year with LGBTQIA+ representation and I wanted to share the wealth.
All of these are at least 4 / 5 stars in my book.
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass, Melissa Bashardoust: F-F relationship (Snow White retelling)
- Autoboyography, Christina Lauren: Bisexual M-M relationship (also self-acceptance, family acceptance, and religion)
- The Upside of Unrequited, Becky Albertalli: F-F relationship
- History Is All You Left Me, Adam Silvera: M-M relationship
- Every Heart a Doorway, Seanan McGuire: Asexual and trans main characters
- Looking for Group, Rory Harrison: Trans main character
- Queens of Geek, Jen Wilde: Bisexual F-F relationship (also neurodiversity representation)
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies, John Boyne: Gay male main character (also self-acceptance and religion)
- The Song of Achilles, Madeline Miller: M-M relationship (Trojan War retelling)